Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Good Morning....

I  hope everyone is enjoying spring...now that it is finally here to stay! There is much to do here....been cleaning out flower boxes and need to move a few things and decide where I'm going to put the pussywillows I brought home from Illinois!  I just set them in some water to let them take root, the little fuzzies are falling off and they are leafing out nicely!  Now to find a spot for them!  The small garden spot still needs to be tilled....hope to have that done in the next day or two!

My great niece, Ava, had her 1st birthday party this past Saturday evening...SO sweet!  I can't believe how fast this past year has gone by....Isn't she a doll!!! Look at that cupcake!!!!

Now look at it!!! LOL She kept digging in there....like there was  hidden treasure inside!

This is my nephew, Andrew....he participated in Special Olympics in Kirksville on Saturday...he brought home 3 medals....hope I get this right....running, long jump and shotput!
WAY TO GO ANDREW!!!

Between sewing and cleaning, I'm not getting much of the fun work done!  I did manage to sneak in some cross stitch time over these past few evenings. Seems like I've been working on this sampler forever...it's slowly but surely getting done...maybe I'll challenge myself to finish it up this week so I can get it hung on my sampler wall and move on to another project! 
Sew much to do....sew little thyme!
Working at home today....while the washing machine does it thang, I will be sitting at the sewing machine!  But I think I might just sneak in a little walk...something I really need to start doing everyday!!! I finally took a walk thru the woods the other evening....oh check out this tree...always found it fascinating the way it grew....
That's a sheet of tin hanging on the back there...where the kids tried putting some sort of stand on it back in the day and that's all that's left!
I love a walk thru the woods....always so peaceful and no matter how busy I am, I don't ever rush a walk thru the woods.
Well, on with my day if I'm going to get anything done! 
Hope you all have an awesome day...take a walk and enjoy the sounds and wonders of nature!

No comments: