Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Tuesday Ramblin'...

Last time I posted, I think I was going to work in the sewing room all day and do laundry.   Haha...well...I went for my walk and when I got back, it was SO beautiful out and I looked at the flower beds....and that's all it took.  That walk led to 2-1/2 hours of weeding and sweeping and planning.  Sometimes our days just don't go according to plan....BUT, at least I did have a productive day and I did end up inside doing something later...just didn't get as much done inside.  The garden spot has been tilled.  I've made a list of spaces that need filled and a list of what we want to plant in the garden, so when I finally make it to the nurseries I will know what I'm after and not be overwhelmed with all the flowers and plants that I forget what I'm actually going for!  I was hoping to do that last Friday but the weather wasn't too cooperative so it's been put on hold.  I want one more till on the garden and with all the rain, it looks like I'll need to weed again before setting out any plants!  UGH!  (I did cave Saturday and bought 3 lavendar plants)

Had a family gathering on Saturday.  My cousin and her three youngin's were in from Kentucky.  We've all sent her our favorite recipes and she's putting together a family cookbook.  It will be in memory of our Grandma & Grandpa Prewitt, our Uncle Roscoe, who we lost to a car accident 11 years ago and her Mom, my Aunt Marilyn, who we lost just one year ago to heart attack.  She's coming right along in the planning and it should be ready by late July! Besides covering her expenses, the proceeds will go towards the upkeep of the old country church cemetary where our family is buried. 
We took this gathering time to take pictures....

Larry, Randy,Rhonda, Bill, Audrey, Dennis & Diana (my mom & dad) David, D-anna, Frank and Norma.

21 of the 27 grandchildren of Jack & Wilma Prewitt

And here we have 32 of the 50 great grandchildren and included in this photo
is 1 great great grandchild.
What a bunch!  Never a dull or quiet moment!
Well I best get on with my day if I'm going to get anything done! 
I hope there is sunshine in your world today....Have a GREAT day!!

No comments: